The Kavod program focuses on the following:
- Dual-Language studies have shown that learning additional languages at a young age enhances the brain’s aptitude for academics and creativity.
- A low teacher to student ratio to give all students the attention they deserve and assists students in their ability to master material
- The Workshop Model provides interactive learning
- A values curriculum helps students build good citizenship traits and encourages a growth mindset
- Service learning helps students understand the importance of their role in a community
- Global Awareness curriculum exposes students to a global perspective early in their studies to help them understand how their own community relates to communities around the world
Kavod Explorers value diversity, appreciate other cultures, and understand the importance of becoming global citizens. Dual-language is a core component of Kavod’s program with students learning Hebrew at an immersion level with a Spanish enrichment.
Students actively engage in service-learning projects in order to become productive members of society. Additionally, as child-health and understanding of sportsmanship contributes to students growing into respectful citizens, Kavod is proud to continue to offer a comprehensive Physical Education and music program.
Kavod is a public school, meaning there is no fee to attend and no religious instruction. Kavod is in the process of a grade expansion. Beginning in 2019 Kavod will serve 6th grade and continue to add a grade each subsequent year to ultimately serve K-8. During this process Kavod is applying to be an International Baccalaureate school for our middle school program.